WHAT IS AUGMENTED REALITY?
Augmented reality adds digital elements to a live video, usually on smartphones through their cameras. It allows you to interact with the artificial world by adding objects and elements which are computer generated . In simple words, you can create and learn objects which are not even in front you.
WHY I LIKE AUGMENTED REALITY
It is an enhanced version which takes you to a different world with just your camera. You can make anything appear right in front of you. We can even study the human body with the help of augmented reality.
HOW IS AUGMENTED REALITY USED?
Designers create inputs ranging from videos and with graphics to GPS overlays.
WHERE DO WE USE AUGMENTED REALITY?
1. Medical Training: Augmented reality not only be used to perform low risk surgeries but to also save time. It helps in medical training a lot.
2. Repair and Maintenance: Imagine you are repairing a car but you cant see more further about details regarding the problem. AR apps uses live feed to the camera and image recognition. This way it can help you repair the car with no problem.
3. Design and Modelling: It can fully visualize designs and you can us AR to superpose a model on the physical world as a hologram. This helps to evaluate more designs.
4. Classroom education: Here, Teachers can use AI to enable virtual images regarding the study. This will help the student without memorizing and to help him or her learn faster. This way or process of learning is usually used to help students learn long paraghs which would be hard to understand.
These were some vital examples from which Augmented reality was helpful. However, there are also further more ways from which augmented reality can be used.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF AR?
1. Marker Based AR : Markers are visually unique from the environment around us. Apps having this, enables you to scam markers from their device using their camera.
2. Marker less AR : It is also known as Location- based AR for the easiness of finding location in smartphones. This AR is about adding location information to your screen about the objects that can be seen from your camera.
3. Projection AR : This is the most common type of AR. It is very interactive. It is a type of AR where the light is blown on a surface and the user can interact by touching the project surface with hand, you can widespread it, move it, increase its size or decrease it. It is meant in order to study in depth.
4. Superimposition AR : This AR provides the replacement for the object in view. It is done by replacing an entire view with an augmented one.
WHAT ARE A SOME FEW EXAMPLES OF AR:
1. Disney Colouring book.
2. Nintendo’s Pokémon go app.
3. Weather Channel Studio Affects.